Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Real Beauty

Those of you who participated in my life as I transitioned from San Diego to Berkeley oh so many years ago, or as I transitioned more recently back to San Diego know that the wearing of makeup, bikinis, and other so-cal kinds of things is something that I don't take lightly.

This is relevant for two reasons. First, everyone EVERYONE EVERYONE should watch this video. Especially girls between the ages of 10 and 25, because that's when I think Cosmo, Hollywood and other related evils do the most damage.

Just for fun, here's some FASCINATING photoshopping advice/tutorial to help make my point.

There's another thing. Why is "taking care of yourself" some kind of code for wearing makeup and blow drying your hair? Why isn't it about working out? Drinking soy milk*? Wearing sunscreen?

Nobody gets to give me crap when I show up to church wearing makeup, by the way. I'm still working this out for my own self.

*Bronwyn informs me that you can't milk a soy, so it's more accurate to say "soy juice." Whatever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home