Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Ah, the peaceful South

I'm not a complainer. If you didn't already know, I just want to be clear. I'm really not a complainer. Generally I'm an easy going, don't sweat the small stuff, water off a duck's back kind of girl.

But South Carolina is so loud, I can hardly believe it. It must be complained about.
  1. Train. Lish's house (adorable--really, really SO cute it makes me want to spend the day at Home Depot) is on some train tracks. Before we went to bed last night, she said "oh, and the train *isn't* going to come through the house." I swear, even with this disclaimer, it's hard to believe. I was still awake when the first one came through, and I was so impressed with the blaring horn and the shaking house that I cracked up. Laughed myself silly.
  2. Birds. Listen, I'm not an animal lover. The occasional charming mutt has wiggled its way into my heart, but that's really the extent of it. The large green squawking hooked-beak bell ringing things in the cage in the hallway? No love for them. Maybe a Bearnaise sauce, but no love.
  3. Pile Driver. For the love of God.
Okay, fine, also I want to say that Lish is nice, her dad is cool, and the flight was fine. Blah blah blah.

4 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, Blogger Bronwyn said...

Funny how your family has no love for birds in the morning...

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Clearly you have not been to a restaurant yet because then you would be complaining about the smoking! No, not just patrons... I am talking waiters, cooks, the whole shabang!

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Erin said...

I grew up with the train noise never far away, but it wasn't anything like that. Reminds me of the diner in Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger Lubna said...

Hi.Thanks for stopping by my tax blog. Sorry for this late reply. Only today did I grab time for blog surfing. I will look up your friends blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home