Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Day Two: JP and the Green Monster

In all honesty, I'm blogging just in case someone stops by. I want to condition people who love me to come read here more often, and I've heard that one way to do that is to write more regularly. So, here I am.

Matt's "cousin" that we're staying with is just wonderful. She's a funny caricature of a Jewish Mother crossed with your typical Army Wife. Absolutely wonderful, with lots of kick. Not unlike the Indian food we had last night in Jamaica Plain. JP is the East Village (SD) of Boston, it turns out--up and coming, with the yuppie condos still in negotiation with the crack addicts. Of course, we all know who will win that battle in the long run. Anyway, it's a very cute, walkable little neighborhood that includes a beautiful arboretum and pond.

Matt had lunch with the CEO and CTO today at the Harvard Faculty Club. I had a burrito at my desk. That will be the last time I "have too much work."

So now, we're on our way to Fenway to see my Oakland Athletics remind the Red Sox that one championship in 84 years does not a legacy make. But before that, some beer at Boson Beer Works. That, along with the subway ride to get there, is enough to keep Matt happy through most of the game...

2 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I take offense at the quotes around cousin!

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Hey, that's two championships in 86 years. Bostonians have a tendency to get hung up on their baseball history. Five of their six (or six of their seven, depending how you count) championships were from BEFORE 1918. So I don't know how much that should really count for. Maybe pre-1920 baseball championships are more valuable than their modern counterparts. Those guys were juiced up on steak and wool fumes, not 'roids and Nike endorsements, you know?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home